Cardiology is the branch of science (medical science), which deals with the disorders in the functions of heart. It involves medical diagnosis and treatment process that depends upon the defected. Some of the defects include coronary heart disease, heart failure, congenital heart disease, valvular heart disease, etc.,
The Cardiology department at Agrasen Hospital is determined to provide compassionate, state of the art, proficient care to heart patients at an affordable cost. Our qualified team, along with the latest technology, ensures the best possible care for a wide spectrum of heart diseases.
The Department of cardiology at the Agrasen Hospital provides a diagnostic and treatment service for patients referred with actual, or suspected, heart disease. It provides a comprehensive suite of diagnostic and treatment facilities, including non-invasive diagnostic facilities, and a wide range of interventional cardiac, vascular and electrophysiological procedures.
The Department of Cardiology at Agrasen Hospital – Bangalore offers preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic services for cardiovascular diseases. The department has highly qualified and skilled cardiologists with expertise in all types of cardiac procedures. The consultants practice evidence based medicine and follow international protocols which has enabled the best outcomes. Agrasen Hospital – Bangalore, offers round the clock services for cardiac emergencies and is equipped with the advanced infrastructure to manage and treat complicated heart conditions.
The department also has ultramodern non-invasive cardiology investigations which consists of latest colour doppler, echo machines, treadmill and holter monitoring.
Treatments and Procedures
Non Invasive procedures
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Treadmill Stress ECG (TMT)
- Stress Echo and Dobutamine Stress Echo
- Holter monitor and Tilt table study
Holter monitor and Tilt table study
- Coronary angiography
- Right heart catheterisation
- Coronary angioplasty with or without stenting and Balloon valvuloplasty
- Biventricular pacemaker placement and Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator (ICD)
- Atrial Septal Defect / Patent Ductus Arteriosis device closure
- PTA (percutaneous transluminal angioplasty)
Peripheral Invasive Procedures
- Renal vascular stenting
- Lower extremity percutaneous transluminal angioplasty/Intra
- Arterial thrombolysis /percutaneous transluminal balloon angioplasty
Endovascular repair of aneurysms
Preventive Care Services
- Education on measures to prevent heart attacks and other lifestyle related
- Periodic health check-up packages for different age groups
Dr. Kishore K. S
Leave a reply →