Internal medicine (or general medicine) is the medical speciality dealing with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of adult diseases. Physicians specializing in internal medicine are called internists, or physicians. Physicians are especially skilled in the management of patients who have undifferentiated or multi-system disease processes.
The Department of General Medicine/Internal Medicine at Agrasen Hospital Bangalore has Indoor, OPD and Intensive care facility available for both basic and highly advanced care for the need of all types of patients. The OPD facility is well equipped consulting rooms as well general OPD structure. The Indoor facility provides care right from deluxe rooms to general wards. The hospital has multiple intensive care units to cater to all the requirements of critically ill patients.
The Consultants in the department are highly qualified both in India as well as abroad with extensive experience. Many are well known as leading doctors in India. The consultants are supported by qualified resident doctors to provide round the clock supportive care to patients.
The Internal Medicine department deals with patients with infections, undiagnosed rare infections as well as common infections such as Malaria, Typhoid, Dengue, H1N1, tuberculosis, HIV and other patients of undiagnosed fever. In the intensive care all types of infection related complications such as multi-organ failure are effectively dealt with.
Patients with autoimmune disorder, genetic disorder, metabolic syndromes, rheumatological diseases, respiratory, gastrointestinal, neurological and haematological problems are accurately diagnosed and managed in the department. Also, where multiple super-speciality problems exist in same patients the physicians have special role to play in adjusting medication and providing comprehensive care to the patients.
The department has facility for all diagnostic tests and advanced specialised procedures.
- Disease risk assessment, investigations and management.
- Treatment of acute and chronic illnesses like digestive disorders asthma, pneumonia, and other lung disorders.
- Treatment of communicable diseases like tuberculosis, typhoid and gastro enteritis.
- Common ailments like sore throat, cold and flu, headaches, ear infections, urinary tract infections, allergies and hepatitis.
- Medical management of chronic diseases like obesity, metabolic syndrome, lipid disorders.
- Management of lifestyle diseases like hypertension, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
- Medical management of geriatric patients.
- Health checks for adults, including high risk groups like diabetics.
- Pre-operative assessment and management of patients undergoing surgery.
Dr.Sathiss Rajan G.
Dr.Padmini Balan.Leave a reply →